Thursday, June 17, 2010

ON LIFE........

I dream a lot while I am asleep, way too much.....not too long ago, I was dreaming that I was told I could ask any one question I wanted ........I asked "What is the secret of life?" The answer that came back to me was - "Just go with it." And just then I woke up. I don't know who I was talking to or where I was (in the dream) but you know.......that answer actually makes a lot of sense. So then I came to the conclusion that the secret of life is to just simply "go with it".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  • "Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive." ~Mel Brooks
  • When we are alone on a starlit night, when by chance we see the migrating birds in autumn descending on a grove of junipers to rest and eat; when we see children in a moment when they are really children, when we know love in our own hearts; or when, like the Japanese poet, Basho, we hear an old frog land in a quiet pond with a solitary splash - at such times the awakening, the turning inside out of all values, the "newness," the emptiness and the purity of vision that make themselves evident, all these provide a glimpse of the cosmic dance. ~Thomas Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment